Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To Sundsvall and Back

After a two game win streak we were anxious to try and extend our streak to three games which would be a first for our up and down season.

Our game was against Sundsvall who sits atop our division at a powerful 24-5 with one loss in the lass 18 games.  They are known for their high volume and high percentage of made three pointers and with the leagues best offensive and total rebounder on their team it would be a tough match for us to get.  Especially on the road.








We took the long 5 hour bus ride up to Sundsvall and got ready to play the game.















But for some reason we just couldnt get going in the beginning.  We had a slow start that just dug too big of a hole for us and we found ourselves down 19 points at halftime.
















Let me talk about a pet peeve of mine real quick if I may (its on topic this time I promise).  I have heard several people over the course of my career make the following statement.  "I would rather lose by 30 than lose by one."

















Those people clearly have never been down by 30.  It is embarassing to be down 20 points at halftime and first place team or not we are a much better team than that first half showed.  We had to battle for all 20 minutes in the second half for that to even become an option of coming back.


















And for awhile it seemed that we did have that fight in us.  We battled back and got the game back within 7 with a flurry of defensive stops, fastbreak scores and three pointers.


















But when you play a team with the 3 point prowess that Sundsvall had it only takes two possessions, and two made three later to find yourself back down double digits again.


















We lost the game 82 - 96 in a game that we did not play our best and that is not the best feeling.


















Getting headbutted unintentionally and chipping two teeth is even worse.
















I did manage to post double double number 4 in a row with 24pts 10 rebs and a blk.  After the game I was told that I was the Player of the game and they handed me an Envelope.  I asked him what it was and he said it was a plane ticket.
























My mind starts racing, like I can go anywhere?  I start thinking of Paris, Rome, Greece, Hawaii, Alaska, shoot the North Pole crossed my mind (dont ask, i think of the most ridiculous stuff)























I excitedly try and make out the swedish writing....
























To Sundsvall and back....























Oh well, a man can dream cant he?



















Well it may not have been what I imagined but a free flight is a free flight!  ANd with the All Star Game coming up in Sundsvall this weekend what a better time to use it.

















Our next game is not for over a week so we will review the game and figure out what we can do to improve.  Until then I think its time for some off the court blogging, not right now though I have to finish cooking....


















What's that?  you didn't know I cooked?





















Maybe our newest blogging series will shed a little light on this new found hobby...













Until then..














"This is my story.  This has been my dream.  This is my pursuit.  And I won't stop until I succeed."

1 comment:

  1. Get those envelopes baby! They will only get better as you do!

    ReplyDelete