Monday, February 21, 2011

I Really Need an Apron Part 2: Food for thought...and my stomach

This is Part 2 of a three part series
















So lets see where did we leave off....








Ah yes punishing chickens, monsters inc, and mansplits...all caught up....lets move on...



















Since that day I have actually gotten quite proficient in the kitchen and have documented some of the meals I have made.  Most are simple enough, some have an original twist to them.  Lets start of with the breakfast menu:











This was my daily breakfast meal of four scrambled eggs with cheese and four slices of bacon...then i realized that I am the one paying for all of this.  I now have one fried egg and one slice of bacon on weekdays and save the scrambled eggs for the weekend.  Saving money one egg at a time.  (The Word of Life is still served at every breakfast)










This next dish consists of scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, toast, and homefries.  The homefries were made from real potato and not purchased frozen.













My next meal is another classic.  At home my father cooks pancakes on Sunday morning and so to keep tradition I alive I only eat pancakes on Sunday.  We do it because the rising of the pancakes symbolizes Jesus rising on Sunday, and the butter we put on it is his..robe that he wore because it was probably yellowish...and um...the syrup is because he...is....sweet?  (can you tell im making this up as I go along?)  But we do have pancakes on sunday though.  This dish features two fried eggs with cheese and bacon.











This next dish features homemade french toast an Adam Original called "Eggs Jambalaya." This is basically scrambled eggs with cheese, peppers, tomatoes, bacon and ham. (long story short....i was trying to make an omlette...)








This last breakfast dish is called Pan!cakes do to the sheer size of it.  Pause.   It requires two spatulas to flip this successfully, and by successfully I mean that it could get in your eyes, but that only happens to idiots....batter really stings by the way...



Just now realized that my hand actually makes it look smaller..




















Now to be honest I have been making myself breakfast for several years and while I did learn bacon, french toast, and pancakes since I have been here (basically I only made scrambled eggs) breakfast cooking wasn't as foreign as dinner was.  That was a whole other beast...
















and a whooooooole lot of fun....
















Spaghetti, a classic.  Also pictured with homemade garlic bread a very easy and tasty thing to make.






















Next dish is baked chicken with scalloped potatoes with cheese.  The scalloped potatoes are made fresh and not frozen.  Chicken is also bought whole and seasoned myself.



















What?  Im an American of course I need to know how to make burgers.  Adams Original BBQ burgers and homemade fries are one of my favorite meals so far to eat.  Puts the time into making it worth it.  Not pictured: bacon cheesefries as an alternative






















This was after my mother "politely" suggested that vegetables would be good with my meal.  The mash potatoes are not instant, I actually mash them.  I now see why they make instant.   Although it is gratifying to know that you made it from scratch.  The vegetables are bought frozen because vegetables are stupid.






















While the chicken looked similar to baked chicken it is actually oven fried chicken.  It is basically the cousin or fried chicken that has to live in its shadow of greasy...ness...no idea where I was going with that one.  Anyways scalloped potatoes and corn.  Scalloped are made by me...the corn is stupid.




















This meal features BBQ chicken as well as baked chicken to go along with the mash potatoes and stupid vegetables (im gonna run that into the ground).





























My grandfather said I needed to eat salad.  I said I dont like salad.  He said people who get birthday money like salad.  I like salad.  He did give me a recipe for my own dressing that is low in fat and still tastes great. ( i wonder if I will have weight loss ads on the side of my blog now...hmm lets test it... LOSE WEIGHT LOSE WEIGHT DIET DIET DIET DIET LOSE 20 POUNDS IN 3 DAYS DO IT NOW!!!)



















This last dish is one of my more complete meals.  BBQ and baked chicken with scalloped potatoes, black beans and rice and a salad to start it off.  I was in the zone that day.

















WIth all this success in the kitchen I started feeling pretty confident about my skills.  I felt like someone else needed to share in my brand new hobby.  What better way to do that then a dinner party...







Should be easy enough right?
















Just wait until Part 3...

1 comment:

  1. Vegetables are a gift from God, and you should respect them! I love your family just from reading about them in your description of your cooking. The photos are fun, but excuse me now, no more time to write because they made me hungry and I have to go raid my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete