Saturday, January 8, 2011

As We Proceed...

Well as many of you know I have safely arrived in Sweden for my potential four month stay on the Solna, Vikings.  Here is what I have been hearing from almost everyone i have spoken to since being here.









"Wow Sweden must be really great!"









"Man, you must love it over there!!"











"OMG thats sooo awesommmmeeee I know you have to love it there"
















Everyone assumes that I am so happy here and that this place is so great and filled with wonder and excitement.  Well if I may take a second to address those who have assumed that...
































Oh how right you are...









So far Sweden is absolutely wonderful.  It is modern enough to feel like the states but it has its own unique feel to it.  The people are very friendly and.....




















speak.....














ENGLISH!!!!!















I gotta tell you not only do they speak english but they sounds better and know more vocabulary than some of my former teammates (I could be really hateful and list the names, but I'm in a good mood)
















Unfortunately for you the reader my flight was pretty uneventful, sat by some very nice people, had some nice conversations.  Got off the plane at 7am Stockholm time (6hrs ahead of EST)  and headed outside.














BAM!!!!
















Did I just get slapped in the face???


















Oh...this must be the cold everyone has been talking about...















I was expecting cold...but it is colder than an eskimo's love life out here.  Im really not sure what I'm gonna do about that.

















Practice has gone well and we have had one game so far.  My teammates and I are going through the usual process of getting used to a new player.  We played one of the top teams in the league and lost by 3 points.  I had a fast start with six in the first half but sadly my point total would go no further than that.  There are things that we did right and wrong in the game but out teams effort was great.  We were on the ground for loose balls and battling on the boards and doing the little things that are tough.  I enjoy this team and the coach.  After a few days of seeing me shoot my coach has already figured out how to improve my free throws!!! (anyone who can do that obviously knows what they are talking about.  Our next game is Tuesday against another top team and hopefully we can correct some of our mistakes and get a win on the road.   Until then!!!



"This is my story.  This has been my dream.  This is my pursuit.  And I won't stop until I succeed."

1 comment:

  1. Adam! I'm really happy for you. Talked to your mom at church wed and she said you're loving it there. I think of you often!

    Much love,
    Christi Powell

    ReplyDelete